Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Trail Blazers reserve Evan Turner fractures right hand

Trail Blazers reserve Evan Turner will be out for an undetermined period of time after fracturing his right hand in Tuesday's 114-113 victory over the Mavericks. 

Turner was injured midway through the third quarter while defending Mavericks forward Harrison Barnes. Turner recovered a loose ball and fed teammate Al-Farouq Aminu for a transition basket before leaving the game for good several possessions later.

Turner told the Oregonian his hand will be evaluated on Wednesday.

"All I remember is I was just chasing Devin Harris over a screen," he said. "All I saw on film was just I ran into Harrison Barnes, I guess. I don't know if it was his elbow in my back or whatever. I didn't feel like crazy pain, like numbing a little bit. I just went back out there and I caught the ball when Dame (Lillard) passed it. I couldn't feel any type of grip or anything like that. That was pretty much it."

Turner, a seven-year veteran, had been averaging 9.7 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.3 assists in 49 appearances this season, his first with the Trail Blazers.

- NBA.com Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment